Sunday, May 28, 2006

Colossians

If I'm going to finish by this Friday, I'm going to have to step it up a bit......

I wonder if Paul knew how influential he would be. If he knew that his words would be read by millions (billions, even) over hundreds of years, would he have been so relaxed. Granted, I'm reading a relaxed version (CEV), but he sends personal greetings to the church, and to particular people in the church, making mention of some by name. I wonder if my blog will be read 2000 years from now? =)

I talked to Karen today. First time since she left. We had been text messaging a little, but this was the first we spoke in seven days.

Colossians is more of the same message Paul wrote to the other churches. No less important, but largely the same. He lists some things that the church should and should not do now that they are living in the freedom that Christ has given them. He encourages them to be humble, love each other, and to forgive. One new instruction that I hadn't noticed before is "When you are with unbelievers, always make good use of the time. Be pleasant and hold their interest when you speak the message. Choose your words carefully and be ready to give answers to anyone who asks questions" (4:5-6). Wise words.

He always makes sure to bring it back to Christ. He is and should be the purpose, foundation, center and end result of every thing we say and do.

Did I mention I talked with Karen?

No comments: